High Risk – Mobile Tracking System Program
Mobile Tracking System Program
- Places a priority on victim safety
- Promotes an improved response to victims
- Respects an individual victims autonomy
- Promotes a community-wide response to reduce domestic violence
The Mobile Tracking System (MTS) is a GPS tracking device provided to individuals at high risk of violence. The program is designed to assist in the prevention of domestic violence and criminal harassment, and in the protection of their victims. This is a personal alarm for persons identified at high risk of experiencing violence. Given that the MTS is a short term, all recipients actively work on other safety measures with the GPS portion acting as only one component of a larger safety plan. Victim Services of Waterloo Region offers a case management approach to reducing risk through intervention, safety planning, limited financial assistance, information, referrals, education, and advocacy.
Goals and Objectives
- To assist in the prevention of domestic violence and criminal harassment.
- To assist in the protection of persons who are identified at high risk of experiencing violence.
- To assist high risk persons in providing a safe environment for themselves and their children.
- To assist clients throughout the judicial process.
- To fulfill an advocacy and educational role.
- To support the process of empowerment.
- To assist clients in restoring a sense of normalcy to their lives.
For more information contact the High Risk Coordinator at 519-585-2363